Comforted Companions®, Compassionate End-of-Life Veterinary Care, PLLC.
Offering Compassionate In-Home Euthanasia
Dr. Alexis Tischler, DVM, CHPV – Certified Hospice & In-home Euthanasia Veterinarian
Phone: 516-402-4100 (Best contact)
Email: [email protected]
When it comes to End-of-Life care for your beloved pet, there is truly no place like home. There is also no business like a small business to provide such a personal and individualized experience under the caring hands of a fully trained Hospice Veterinarian. Comforted Companions® Veterinary Care is locally owned and operated by Dr. Alexis Tischler DVM, CHPV. Dr. Alexis is currently 1 of only ~200 Veterinarians in the world who have both a DVM as well as a CHPV through the internationally recognized association, The International Association for Animal Hospice and Palliative Care (IAAHPC). She is also CAETA (Companion Animal Euthanasia Training Academy) Certified. The IAAHPC Certification makes Comforted Companions® a top, comprehensive End-of-Life Veterinary Care service, which is also the AVMA preferred standard of care for in-home euthanasia and veterinary hospice.
Dr. Alexis offers the following appointment options for families:
• Compassionate In-Home Euthanasia
• Thorough Quality of Life Assessments (available over the phone or in-person)
• In-Home Hospice and Palliative Care
• Respectful aftercare transport for pets that pass away unexpectedly at home
Dr. Alexis Tischler DVM, CHPV was born and raised on Long Island. She attended Cornell University in Ithaca, N.Y. where she obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science and a Master’s degree in Teaching. She then attended Colorado State University in pursuit of her lifelong dream of becoming a veterinarian. At that time, Colorado State University was the only Veterinary School with a Pet Hospice Program. While attending CSU, Dr. Alexis served as a manager and volunteer for the Pet Hospice Program from 2013 to 2016. She has known since her earliest years of veterinary school that her true calling was to work in end-of-life veterinary care. She has always found herself the most fulfilled by being able to help owners during this most delicate time of their beloved pet’s life. She believes that strong client communication is the key to an animal’s quality of life, which is why you will always reach her directly on the phone when you call Comforted Companions®. She prides herself on being a local, private and more personal option for families, so direct phone calls with Dr. Alexis are encouraged and always free. She will offer your entire family caring support with honest medical recommendations.
The Comforted Companions® Difference:
• A compassionate, individualized experience for each family.
• Always communicate directly with Dr. Alexis (never a call center operator) from first contact through final appointment.
• Top expertise in palliative & hospice care backed by internationally recognized certification (IAAHPC & CAETA – AVMA preferred End-of-Life Veterinary training).
• Complementary comfort packages & pet loss support booklets provided to each family.
• Handouts and resources provided (as needed) regarding children and pet loss and addressing other pets in the home.
• Flexible days/hours scheduled around client demand to best accommodate all families.
• Very competitive pricing for appointments with reasonable late-night appointments and weekend fees.
• Social Media Monday Memorial posts to individually honor the pets we said goodbye to the week prior.
• Partnership with a local pet loss support specialist to ensure families receive the most complete care and assistance, even after the passing of a beloved pet. (Please see Grief Support tab on Comforted Companions Website for additional information regarding pet loss support. Please not that The Pet Loss Support Specialist’s fees are separate from Comforted Companions’ fees.)
• Partnership with a respectful, Certified PRIVATE Crematory (IAOPCC). – Choice of urn, multiple pawprint options, fur keepsake, etc.
• Following the appointment, a donation is made by Dr. Alexis to the Colorado State University Pet Hospice Program in honor of each animal that Dr. Alexis peacefully assists.
Please visit the Comforted Companions® Facebook Page to read numerous heartfelt reviews from actual clients. Call today for the most caring End-of-Life Veterinary guidance – 516-402-4100.